My name is Nick Braver and I’m a digital product designer with a focus in user research and visual design. I have a background in front-end development, but have since dabbled in many other things – including service design and design thinking methodologies.
- I have a love for the convenience, bustle, and excitement that comes with big cities.
- I have a strong love of travel due to my constant curiosity.
- I don’t get bored easily, but I do like to be kept on my toes.
- I’m looking for new challenges so that I can add new insights to my work along the way.
- I enjoy collaborating, discussing new ideas, reading blogs and listening to good music.
- I have a collection of design magazines (HBR, Wired, etc.)
- I am learning how to cook with the help of my amazing chef friend.
- Most of all, I enjoy finding the simple things. Both in my work and in my life.
Savannah College of Art and Design
BFA, Interactive Design, Graphic Design Minor November 2015
SaltMines Group January 2016 – March 2016
Future Academy Intern
AKQA September 2015 – December 2015
- Worked with a variety of clients on UX and Strategy projects.
- Developed business models and roadmaps for startup products.
- Created personal application using competitive audits, market research, and business strategy
Interaction Design Intern
eBay June 2015 – September 2015
- Evaluated the current transaction and payment flow.
- Developed user journeys surrounding the payment experience.
- Created mockups and prototypes for final stakeholder presentation.
Web Design Intern
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Oct 2014 – December 2014
- Collaborated with NASA scientists and engineers.
- Designed a website to promote the ICESat-2 satellite launching in 2017.
Gauge Interactive June 2014 – December 2014
- Developed pixel perfect mockups using HTML5, CSS3, and SASS.
- Designed mockups and created marketing materials.
Preservation Green Lab March 2014 – May 2014
- Brainstormed choices for showing big-data.
- Assisted with UI/UX aspects of the website and mobile application.
- The project lasted 10 weeks.
Founder, Freelance Designer
BraverDesign May 2012 – Present
Faculty Nominated Most Innovative Application
SCAD Entelechy Awards 2016
Faculty Nominated Best Web Design
SCAD Entelechy Awards 2014
SCAD 2014 – 2015
Artistic Scholarship Recipient
Product Design, Visual Design, Interactive Design, Ideation, Creative Direction, Branding, Research, Service Design, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, JQuery, Social Media, Marketing, and learning more daily…
Design Tools: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop. Prototyping Tools: Invision, Principle, Pixate, Keynote. Photography Tools: Photoshop, Instagram. Presentation Tools: Keynote, Powerpoint, Illustrator.